Saturday, February 14, 2009

Hiplady's first blog

Daughter no 1 has just shown me how to start a Blog. So, it begins. I shall write while this hip heals.

Another day has slipped by. Already the sun is in the west. It started in the east of this room where I sit. All day. Every day. The evening meal is finished. It's 10 past 5 in the afternoon.

The elderly ladies again wander the corridors asking- "is this my room?" Every night it's the same. Minds lucid at times then fading at the edges. Like my game of scrabble several days ago where I had to re-affirm whose turn it was every time.

The cars racing home outside contrast with the stillness of life in here. Sometimes like one long silent scream. Munch. Life as a soft cream bun. Soft experiences. No edges. Bland.

I shall watch Judy Dench eat oranges tonight in 'Cranford'!

1 comment:

  1. Cranford is great! :D

    I'm looking forward to reading your future 'hip' posts!

    ReplyDelete